|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager required for a globally recognised aerospace company based in Bournemouth!
The succesful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing one or more complex projects to deliver the agreed scope within planned quality, time and cost parameters to satisfy the specified requirements and drive for customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
Senior Project Manager will ideally have experience managing large and complex projects within an aerospace environment.
Salary for this position will be discussed upon application. All applicants for the Senior Project Manager position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
- 12% pension
- Health care
- Dental care
- Critical illness cover
- Flexible working
- & many more!
As a Senior Project Manager - your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Qualified to deliver large scale projects
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in project teams
- Experience of managing projects and working on projects as Work Package Manager with the same or similar functions and technology, with a proven delivery track record.
- Sufficient knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques
As a Senior Project Manager - your main responsibilities will involve:
- Deliver project to agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
- Direct motivate and provide leadership for the project team.
- Organise, coordinate and direct the project activities.
- Manage risks and issues proactively.
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the project team and with stakeholders.
- Lead the project teams planning efforts and Identify resource requirements based on agreed scope.
- Manage relationships with key customer personnel.
- Manage and deliver the required product (s) or service(s) for each project, phase or stage motivating the supply chain.
- Manage the tracking, updating and reporting progress and or variance on all aspects of the Project to include financials (EAC), project plans (IMS), work breakdown structures (WBS), project risk registers and governance adherence with project reporting calendar to both internal and external customers
- Seek to minimise the effects of change 'scope creep', ensure changes are formally processed
- Manage the changes and contract variations to optimise costs and margins
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.