|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Senior Project Manager (Space)
The Project Manager - Space will manage and oversee the entirety of Space Proposals and Projects. The Space domain encompasses funded contracts and pursuits specific to the European and United Kingdom Space Agencies. These span study/design projects, sub-system sub-contractor responsibility and maturing into Lead System Integrator (LSI) roles. The Project Manager is accountable for successful execution of the project objectives, has responsibility for proposal generation, and supports business development and capture activities.
- Managing execution of and transition between all phases, including bid decision, proposal development, negotiations, award, start up, execution, sustainment, and contract closure.
- Where justified by the opportunity size delegating capture and project management responsibilities to selected team members.
- The development/updating of the Statement of Work (SOW), WBS, WBS Dictionary, IMP.
- Establishing and maintaining approved plans, technical, cost, schedule, and resource baselines
- Developing and agreeing Works Authorization (WADs) in line with the baseline.
- Ensuring the scope description clearly defines the work in sufficient detail such that the planning adequately reflects the work to be accomplished within budget and schedule requirements.
- Establishing clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for the team.
- Preparation, maintenance and updating resourcing plans and engage with resource owners to ensure the team is staffed with the skills and experience to meet the objectives.
- Achieving performance, cost, schedule, quality, revenue, and profit objectives.
- Where required implementing a Programme Performance Management process, including the application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles. Ensuring that EVM requirements are flowed down to subcontractors if applicable.
- Implement a risk and opportunity management plan and process.
- Ensuring the application of quality management processes.
- Determining schedule status of all active work packages on a monthly basis at least.
- Where applicable determining the earned value status for all active work packages.
- Generation, analysis and review of Estimate-At-Completion on a monthly basis, taking into account the impact of cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Coordinating schedule and cost variance issues and implementing corrective action plans.
- Reviewing and approving performance data and schedule progress according to the established business rhythm at least monthly.
- Ensuring independent assessment of proposal and project progress and performance.
- Compliance to processes and procedures.
- Leading and managing the assigned team to successfully deliver the objectives.
- Identify, address and resolve conflicts.
- Managing the stakeholders according to their interests and influences.
- Understanding the Customer's needs, values and affordability expectations.
- Translating Positioning-To-Win (PTW) goals into timely integrated design targets.
- Formulating the LM Team's solution, program baseline and integrated work products.
- Meeting the Capture Team's integrated design targets and financial returns.
- Supporting the business development function in identifying new opportunities and supporting their development into viable pursuits
Required skills, qualifications and experience of Senior Project Manager (Space)
- Current and relevant experience in the project management delivery of ESA projects as either an ESA Prime LSI or key sub-system sub-contractor with a demonstrable understanding of ESA operating practices, specific project requirements and ability to work with and influence ESA Project management practice.
- Space Project management and delivery skills.
- Experienced in delivering successful Space Projects in a corporate environment.
- Frequent, current, interaction with senior leaders and proven record of shaping/influencing financial/strategic decision making.
- Strong leadership attributes
Desired skills, qualifications and experience of Senior Project Manager (Space)
- Degree in Engineering or Project management discipline
- APMP/APMPQ or similar
This is a fantastic opoprtunity for Senior Project Manager (Space) to get there foot in the door of a globally recgonised organision, make sure you apply so you don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the position of Senior Project Manager (Space) must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.