|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Meg Easterbrook||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Senior Project Scheduler
2 vacancies - 1 in Farnborough and 1 in Portsmouth.
Senior Project Scheduler Introduction
We are looking for a Senior Project Scheduler to join a large and highly-reputable defence industry in the UK. We need two Senior Project Schedulers, one in Farnborough and one in Portsmouth. Both roles include a fair amount of travel to other sites also.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work for one of the best defence companies in the UK, and the opportunity for progression and personal development.
Senior Project Scheduler Job Description
The successful candidate is going to be responsible for the delivery of planning and scheduling support across all projects and programmes, so we will need someone with the following:
- Working knowledge of programme management principles and how project palling, scheduling and control activities underpin them
- Keep project resources on track, maintain project schedules and provide regular project updates to stake holders.
- Maintaining contact with staff to monitor job progress
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule.
- Using EVM techniques such as CPI (Cost Performance Index), SPI (Schedule Performance
Index), EAC (Estimate at Completion) and ETC (Estimate to Complete)
- Leadership of an IDT's scheduling and project controls support capability.
- Development and reporting of project schedule data to senior stakeholders.
- Assist in defining and implementing schedule software management processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems
- Detailed knowledge of a number of technical areas, such as project controls, EVM< governance and assurance, risk analysis and management, cost management/control/reporting, benchmarking, data analysis and reporting.
- Able to engage, report and challenge at senior stake holder level
Expected Experience and Qualifications for the Senior Project Scheduler Position
- Programme or Project Controls Qualifications - Practitioner or equivalent
- Project Management qualification
- APM membership is desirable
- Experience of operating as a project or programme scheduler in a complex environment - ideally defence, aerospace or maritime.
Benefits of the Senior Project Scheduler Position
Due to the nature of the industry, we cannot confirm the benefits package on this advert.
If you are interested in the role, or hearing more about the benefits, please do make an application or call Meg Easterbrook at Gold Group on 01342 330503
How to Apply
To Apply, please click 'Apply Now!' Or call Meg Easterbrook at Gold Group on 01342 330503 quoting 'Senior Project Scheduler' and your location.
We expect to fill this position soon, so if you are interested in this role please apply today!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.