|Location: Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£60k to £65k + package
I have a really exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a top tier main contractor delivering a major power upgrade programme to support the on-lining of the Hinkley Point C Power Station in 2025. This is a great opportunity to join one of the UK's leading infrastructure contractors working on a high profile project with a secured, local pipeline of work.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be project based and working on the replacement of the existing overhead cables with new cables and structures.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you'll be working closely with the Commercial Lead and other surveyors of varying abilities. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the commercial function is carried out in accordance with company policies & standards
- Take responsibility for the development of more junior surveyors and the growth of their careers, acting as a mentor and providing advice and guidance where required
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of the contract to ensure the projects are inline with budgets
- Work closely with the design team, estimating, site teams and others involved with the programme
- Providing support and guidance to other members of the commercial and project teams
Alongside the fantastic long term career opportunities, you'll also have the chance to put your own mark on the project and learn new processes and methods of working. You'll also have access to a fantastic ongoing training programme and a competitive package that includes:
- Starting salary of up to £65,000
- Car allowance of £4,800
- 25 Days annual leave
- Private healthcare
- Contributory Pension
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
Senior Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have a solid working knowledge of NEC construction contracts, excellent communication skills and commercial experience at pre & post contract stages of construction projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor living in the South West and looking for the benefits that come from working for one of the UK's leading main contractors on a large, high profile project.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.