|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Up to £1 per annum + Excellent Salary|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Safety & Reliability Engineer
Cheltenham / Gloucester.
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Senior Safety and Reliability with a global supplier of high integrity control products for the Aerospace industry for military vehicle and soldier applications.
This position reports to the Systems and Safety Manager and will involve proactively influencing the development of products to ensure Safety, Testability and R&M principles are implemented and integrated into designs to minimise whole life costs.
- Understand and apply the principles of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Engineering in accordance with military and civilian standards, directives and requirements including but not limited to, Def. Stan's 00-40, 42, 44, 45, 56, BSEN 61508, MIL-STD 1629 & 882D, MIL-HDBK 217F, RIAC Derating, ARP4761 & 4754, CS25, ABD0100 as appropriate
- Identify and analyse Safety, Testability, R&M requirements
- Generation of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Supportability plans
- Safety and Reliability & Maintainability analysis including reliability prediction, FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) as part of the design and development activities including development/prototype equipment
- Provide guidance for design for safety, reliability, maintainability and testability within Engineering design teams
- Conduct/co-ordinate Safety, R&M and Supportability reviews of supplier technical documentation
- Identify and agree Safety and Supportability requirements
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate the following behaviours / skills:
- Pro-active and self motivated.
- Willing to think "outside of the box" to achieve problem resolution.
- Positive attitude with ability to work within multifunction teams on rapidly moving projects.
- Helpful and assistive approach to resolution of technical challenges
- Supportive of change
- Good communication skills (presentation, written and verbal)
- Good core IT skills (Windows, Office, Visio etc.)
- Degree or HNC educated in an engineering or science discipline
- A background in electronics would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of product development lifecycle
- Experience and understanding of product development practices to ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality standards
- Understanding and experience of data capture in terms of Technical Publications, Training, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) and WLC/LCC would be an distinct advantage