|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Safety & Reliability Engineer.
Cheltenham / Gloucester
Excellent Salary and Benefits Package.
This Senior Safety and Reliability role is with a global supplier of control products for the aerospace industry that include:
Position sensing and control;
Cockpit controls (joysticks, throttles, handles and switches);
High pressure pure air generators for sensor cooling and pneumatic ejection of aircraft munitions.
Reporting to the Safety and Systems Manager, the position will involve safety engineering, reliability engineering, and supportability oversight to influence the development of products to ensure Safety, Testability and R&M principles are implemented and integrated into designs to optimise Whole Life Costs.
- Provide the business with technical oversight of its Safety, Reliability and Supportability work
- Provide technical supervision and management of contractor safety, reliability and supportability deliverables
- Understand and apply the principles of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Engineering in accordance with: Def. Stan's 00-40, 42, 44, 45, 56, BSEN 61508, MIL-HDBK 217F, MIL-STD 1629 & 882D, RIAC Derating, ARP4761 & 4754, CS25, ABD0100.
- Identify and analyse Safety, Testability, R&M requirements from customers
- Generation of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Supportability plans and case reports
- Safety and Reliability & Maintainability analysis including reliability prediction, FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) as part of the design and development activities including development/prototype equipment
- Provide guidance for design for safety, reliability, maintainability and testability within Engineering design teams
- Influence the design and development of engineering solutions to be safe and supportable in accordance with the appropriate safety and supportability codes pf practice
- Conduct/co-ordinate Safety, R&M and Supportability reviews of supplier technical documentation
- Identify and agree Safety and Supportability requirements from international legislation, directives and standards that may be outside of the project scope and which may impact upon the business
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following behaviours and skills:
- Pro-active and self-motivated with good problem solving experience
- Willing to think creatively to achieve problem resolution
- Positive attitude with ability to work within multifunction teams on fast-moving projects.
- Helpful approach to resolution of technical challenges, supports change
- Degree or HNC educated in an engineering or science discipline
- A background in electronics would be an advantage
- Understanding of product development lifecycle and associated requirements
- Understands the importance of delivery performance to cost and schedule
- Experience and understanding of product development practices to ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality standards
Desirable Knowledge or Experience
Awareness of supportability aspects of a programme
Experience of identifying Programme and Customer related Supportability requirements
Experience of Mechanical Engineering
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.