|Location: South London, London||Salary: £180 - £220 per day|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Stefan Beck|
We are urgently seeking a Senior Site Engineer for an intial 3 month contract based in Clapham - London.
As the Senior Site Engineer, you will work in conjunction with the Site Team to ensure construction is carried out accurately; that quality is maintained; records are kept; abortive or defective work is avoided and that satisfactory progress is achieved.
This project will comprise of the construction of a 4 storey apartment block in the Clapham area. This role will be predominantly overseeing the construction of a 1 storey basement and construction of RC Framework for the site.
Responsibilities of the Senior Site Engineer.
- Assist in the preparation of 'as-built drawings'.
- Establishing effective systems to record work completed updating the Project Quality Plan accordingly.
- To assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
- Assist in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
- Provides engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
- Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
- Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
- Ensures workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
- Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding
- To be aware of the provisions of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System and to assist in its implementation to ensure a safe working environment.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
- Familiar with Quality Management System.
- Record instructions.
- Maintain drawing register.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Related HNC/Degree or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar role
£180 - £220 P/D - PAYE or LTD COMPANY.