|Location: High Wycombe||Salary: £35000 - £60000 per annum + salary advertised - please discuss|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Liberty Hussey|
Senior / Principal Hardware Engineer (Electronics and electrical)
Senior / Principal hardware engineer needed for an established leader within the worldwide defence industry based in High Wycombe who are looking to employ an experienced senior hardware engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the full project life cycle and EMC standards.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior / Principal Hardware engineer will include:
* Resolving technical problems associated with assigned products
* Providing design solutions for electrical/electronic equipment, taking into account EMC design.
* Providing improvement suggestions for the processes and procedures you operate
* Production of design documentation (include technical and design proving reports/CE compliance and Product Test Specifications)
* Identifying and helping manage technical risk in their area within projects and developments.
* Providing adequate constructive challenge in design reviews to identify and mitigate any key issues.
* Carrying out engineering activity in accordance with engineering procedures
* PCB design using computer aided design tools, schematic design and PCB layout.
* Selection of component parts and obsolescence.
* Liaison with other engineering functions (mechanical, production, test, systems and software)
* Ensure compliance to customer and quality requirements
* Provide support to other engineering functions during development and production.
* Providing electrical engineering representation at internal design reviews
* Investigation into faults down to component level.
* Provide technical advice via e-mail / telephone.
* Writing of technical reports, specifications and test procedures.
* To represent the Company in meetings (Internal and External) and to provide minutes as appropriate.
* Provision of practical engineering support to other activities within company, where time and priorities permit.
* Be prepared to travel to support current and future products on customers sites around the world
* There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to the company's goals and objectives
What you need to be the successful Senior / Principal hardware engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Knowledge of Electronic Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
* Broad knowledge of Electronic Engineering methodologies, processes and tools.
* Design for EMC compliance and Knowledge of EMC standards.
* Knowledge of electronics design safety standards such as BS EN 60950.
* Working knowledge / appreciation of Systems, Software and Mechanical engineering.
* Knowledge and understanding of design for manufacture
* High speed digital design
* Knowledge and understanding of full project life cycle
* Knowledge of fundamental commercial and financial issues.
* Knowledge of fundamental project management practices (e.g. Planning estimating, risk management et al).
* Demonstrable experience of electronics/systems design in the defence industry or other relevant environment
* Experience in design for EMC & signal integrity including schematic design and PCB layout
* Experience in the definition, design prototyping and commissioning of electrical subsystems including PCBs, Electronics racks / cabinets, cables and other electronic assemblies.
* Experience of component selection and an understanding of associated issues to include obsolescence.
* Ideally qualified to Degree level in Engineering/Physics.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior / Principal engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.