|Location: Stafford||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Yasmin Bourne||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Salary: DOE + Package
The Ultra Engineering function manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
The Software Engineering function in Ultra supports the software development lifecycle consisting of requirements analysis, design, implementation, test and verification in order to deliver software components into projects and products and supports the deployment and maintenance of software components.
A professional at this grade applies technical / professional knowledge, making independent judgements based on practice and significant previous experience to support decision making. Often seen as a referral point or more senior team member to escalate more complex problems. Roles will act independently with minimal guidance, and may act as project managers/formal mentors for junior staff.
In this role you will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities covering all stages of a project from bid to delivery. Working closely with other team members and sub-contractors, you will plan and carry out your activities to develop technical solutions, which successfully meet with the overall objectives of your project.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Production of code to coding standards
- The technical performance of the software produced
- Interface to hardware team
- Management of the software requirements
Personal attributes and skills:
- Be educated to a minimum of degree level in computer science, engineering, or a numerate scientific discipline with relevant software engineering experience
- Programming skills and experience in C or C++
- Design of coding architectures
- Familiarity with programming in one or more of the following environments: Windows or Linux
- Experience of embedded software/hardware integration
- Object orientated, coding experience
- Able to work in line with ticket+ standards
- Good written English and software specification writing skills
- Ideally have experience in Visual Studio and MFC
- Some experience of either UML or equivalent e processing
- Ideally have presentation and training skills and be confident in a customer facing role
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.