|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Senior Software Engineer
Greenford - permanent
Senior Software Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who provides electronic products for the military in Greenford. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (hold a British passport only).
Benefits for the Senior Software Engineer:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Senior Software Engineer:
Support the software teams to develop current and future projects through all phases of the implementation lifecycle (design, programming, unit testing, integration and final verification).
Some of the main duties the Senior Software Engineer will include:
- Undertake all allocated software development activities (design, programming, unit testing, integration & verification).
- Support the software team lead in validating estimates for own tasks.
- Deliver allocated tasks to timescale/budget and in accordance with the company's processes and procedures.
- Communicate well within the team and with other disciplines (systems, analysts, tests).
What you need to be the successful Senior Software Engineer:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in software, computer science or software related discipline.
- 3 or more years of software development experience in OO design and code generation (Java and C++) in a commercial environment (ideally defence).
- Clear understanding and experience of multi-threaded software design in a real-time context.
- Experience of various toolsets for Linux (Eclipse/Netbeans) and Windows (Visual Studio).
- Experience of formal OO design language (preferably UML with EA/Rhapsody).
- Self-starter and able to learn on the fly.
- The successful candidate must be capable of achieving security (SC) clearance as a minimum.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to progress their career within the engineering industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.