|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Senior Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer
Salary dependant on experience
My client is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated Senior Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer at their facility based in Oxfordshire, UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind's continued use of space as an asset. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for their missions. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in the UK, they will interact extensively with a larger team in the companies Asia Office and may be required to travel to Asia as needed in support of projects and operations. This company can offer you very exciting and ground breaking projects to work on while working with passionate like minded engineers. Don't miss out on this!!
- Flexible working
- Share options
- Pension scheme
- UK/EU relocation package available
Some of the main duties of the Senior Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Assist the generation of mechanical spacecraft and hardware requirements.
- Plan and lead the mechanical design of hardware including spacecraft structure, mechanisms, unit modules, and ground support equipment to meet mission requirements.
- Work closely with Mechanical Analysis Engineer on the structural analysis of flight and mission support hardware.
- Work with AIV team to ensure that mechanical design considers ease of manufacture, assembly, integration and test.
- Define and perform hardware related activities throughout spacecraft design and development, Assembly Integration and Verification phases, and Launch campaigns.
- Lead structural testing of flight and engineering related hardware.
- Generate and maintain MCAD related documentation including specifications, part / assembly / ICD drawings, procedures, work instructions, reports, etc.
- Support and generate inputs to project lifecycle reviews (PDR, CDR, etc).
- Support Procurement Manager with manufacturing supply chain.
- Assist company-wide projects and activities as an integrated member of the team.
In order to be the successful Senior Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Essential Skills & Experience
- Diploma; bachelor or master's degree in mechanical engineering or relevant engineering / science discipline.
- 5+ years of experience as mechanical design engineer in space industry.
- Experience as mechanical lead of a space mission.
- Extensive proficiency using CAD software packages such as SolidWorks, SpaceClaim, AutoCAD, CATIA, NX, etc.
- Experience performing FEA using structural analysis software packages such as Ansys.
- Ability to prepare and execute to a project plan.
- Ability to coordinate and lead a team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Background and proficiency performing FEA using structural analysis software.
- Experience designing innovative spacecraft mechanisms and/or mechanical packaging solutions.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Spacecraft Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.