|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Senior SQL Server DBA
My client based in the Reading area are a market leader within data management / data analytics and are recruiting for a Senior SQL DBA to join their fast paced environment.
As a Senior SQL Server DBA, you will be supporting customers solutions built on Microsoft Data Platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Business Intelligence / Power BI.
Senior SQL Server DBA Benefits:
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 days after 2 years + bank holidays
- 5 days compassionate leave
- Eye Care
- Health Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Working flexibility
- Pension Scheme
- 10% annual bonus on performance
- On-site parking
- Social events
Senior SQL Server DBA Duties:
- Have full ownership of all tickets assigned to you, but you'll also have well documented procedures to support you and a great team to bounce ideas off.
- The team manages more than 400 database engines from SQL 2005 to 2017 and Azure SQL DB. In some cases, my client is an extension to their customers' DBA teams and in others they manage their servers completely.
- You'll manage customers' database infrastructure, including the management of SQL servers, clustering configuration and performance monitoring.
- Be responding to a wide variety of SQL Server issues, ranging from a simple job failure through to database corruption and P1 incidents.
- Use of T-SQL, Always On, Clustering, Availability Groups, Log Shipping, Mirroring, Replication, Azure VMs, Storage, Backup/restore.
- You'll also use PowerShell, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
Senior SQL Server DBA Essential Skills:
- 5+ years working as a SQL Server DBA using SQL Server
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on customer service
- Experience with supporting OLTP systems
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Detailed knowledge of how SQL Server works, and be able to effectively explain
- Supporting High Availability and Disaster Recovery environments (Database Mirroring, Always on Availability Groups, Failover Clustering, Log Shipping)
- Performance tuning (both individual queries and overall server performance
- Dealing with P1 issues
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2016 installation and configuration
- T-SQL including the use of stored procedures, functions, tables and views
- Evidence of ongoing personal development and training to advance your skills and interests
Senior SQL Server DBA Desirable Skills:
- MCSA / MCSE qualifications
- Microsoft Azure experience
- Business Intelligence tools (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI)
- Mentoring / teaching experience
- Degree educated or equivalent experience