|Location: Kidlington, Oxfordshire||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Senior Supervisor - Thames Water
Salary: £37000 + benefits
Main Purpose of Senior Supervisor Role:
To manage, monitor and resource, for which responsibility has been given, either directly or indirectly, to maximise production, profit and control costs, in accordance with pre-determined Health, Safety and Environment regulations.
Maintain quality workmanship of the jobs in progress, and demonstrate an understanding of all aspects of the IA activities.
Accountability for the Senior Supervisor:
The post holder will be responsible to the Assistant District Manager/Assistant Site Manager, or immediate Line Manager.
The post holder will be responsible for a number of members of supporting staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities for the Senior Supervisor:
This will include the management and resourcing of allocated jobs to maximise production and monitor quality of work in progress by:
- Maintaining good working relationships and close liaison with clients and members of the public.
- Dealing with health, safety and environment issues.
- Manage human resources issues, including staff training.
- Manage company vehicles plant and equipment.
- Deal with customer care issues promptly.
- Ensure high standard of quality of work is maintained from the supporting staff.
- Controlling overtime, petty cash and wages payments.
- Carrying out pre, current and post contract management.
- Monitoring overall contract performance.
- This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other duties will be expected to be carried out that fall within the capabilities of the role. ( Like Stand-By )
- Flexible approach to work in order to meet business needs
- Set a good example to all employees.
- Ensure compliance with all IA controlled documents including IA procedures.
Essential Attributes For the Senior Supervisor:
- Experience of management of Utilities Works (Water Industry).
- Technical construction knowledge.
- Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Ability to manage people and resources to reach the successful completion of the projects for which the post holder is responsible.
- Leadership and responsibility
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of working in the Water Industry.
- Experience of managing construction works.
- Minimum of 4-years relevant experience in the industry.
- Ability to motivate people to reach common goals.
- Be well presented when dealing with clients.
- Good negotiator.
- Good team player.
- NRSWA Units 2 and 10 or equivalent
- H&S Awareness
- A drive to succeed
Holder of relevant vocational qualifications.
- Able to commit to the concept that Health, Safety and Environment are the number one priority for the Organisation and the individual.
- Able to commit to the concept of Equal Opportunity in employment.
- Full and Valid Drivers Licence.
If you are interested please get in touch as they will get you started ASAP.