|Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kelly O'Keefe|
My Utilities Client based in Oxford is looking for a Dynamic, innovative and productive Senior Supervisor to manage, monitor and resource, for which responsibility has been given, either directly or indirectly, to maximise production, profit and control costs, in accordance with pre-determined Health, Safety and Environment regulations.
Maintain quality workmanship of the jobs in progress, and demonstrate an understanding of all aspects of the IA activities.
Accountability for the Senior Supervisor:
- The post holder will be responsible to the Assistant District Manager/Assistant Site Manager, or immediate Line Manager.
- The post holder will be responsible for a number of members of supporting staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities for the Senior Supervisor:
- The management and resourcing of allocated jobs to maximise production and monitor quality of work in progress by:
- Maintaining good working relationships and close liaison with clients and members of the public.
- Dealing with health, safety and environment issues.
- Manage human resources issues, including staff training.
- Manage company vehicles plant and equipment.
- Deal with customer care issues promptly.
- Ensure high standard of quality of work is maintained from the supporting staff.
- Controlling overtime, petty cash and wages payments.
- Carrying out pre, current and post contract management.
- Monitoring overall contract performance.
- This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other duties will be expected to be carried out that fall within the capabilities of the role. (Like Stand-By)
- Flexible approach to work in order to meet business needs.
Essential Attributes for the Senior Supervisor:
- Experience of management of Utilities Works (Water Industry).
- Technical construction knowledge.
- Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Ability to manage people and resources to reach the successful completion of the projects for which the post holder is responsible.
- Leadership and responsibility.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of working in the Water Industry.
- Experience of managing construction works.
- Minimum of 4-years relevant experience in the industry.
- Ability to motivate people to reach common goals.
- Be well presented when dealing with clients.
- Good negotiator.
- NRSWA Units 2 and 10 or equivalent.
- H&S Awareness.