|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Up to £58000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Senior Supplier Programme Manager (software systems) needed - Permanent position - Based in Bedfordshire - Up to £58,000 per annum
I am currently recruiting for an experience and skilled Supplier Programme Manager to join my client who are one of the largest Defence companies in the world who are globally recognised for their innovative products and services.
The right individual will have the flexibility to manage suppliers in other technology areas and be able to support business winning initiatives.
The successful Senior Supplier Programme Manager with have the following benefit package:
- 9 day fortnight, average 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday
- 2:1 pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Health Care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Sickness and accident plan
Some of the main duties of the successful Senior Supplier Programme Manager will include:
- Managing suppliers to ensure technical, cost, quality and schedule requirements are met
- Ensuring supplier schedules and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with, the overall programme schedule
- Identifying acquisition and supply chain risks and dependencies, and developing the associated mitigation strategies and plans
- Identifying acquisition and supply chain opportunities, and developing the associated realisation strategies and plans
- Preparing plans for transition from contract award to delivery
- Developing and maintaining mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships with key internal and external business contacts
- Communicating and escalating issues as necessary
- Providing expertise, support, direction, advice, and guidance on procurement, supply chain and acquisition policy, strategies, products and contract management procedures
Required skills for the successful Senior Supplier Programme Manager:
- Knowledge and recent experience of software and systems development subcontracts
- Excellent understanding of procurement and supply chain best practice as applied to low volume, complex and bespoke solutions developed to meet requirements or specifications
- Highly motivated, determined, and committed individual with a proven record of achieving efficiency targets/objectives
- Confident self-starter, with an ability to innovate and think laterally
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment and responding to effectively to challenges.
- Experience of working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
- An ability to manage stakeholders' expectations effectively at a variety of levels
- An appreciation of procurement best practice as applied to goods and services which are built to print, military or commercial off the shelf.
- Understanding of system engineering principles and related disciplines/departments within a design and manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and advanced procurement techniques/tools
- Excellent commercial skills with the ability to negotiate best-value agreements
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to travel as required
Desired skills for the successful Senior Supplier Programme Manager:
- Recent supply chain experience in the defence environment
- Success in delivering bid winning supply chain solutions
- Experience in the all phases of the product lifecycle from proposal, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
- Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (acquire to requirement, off the shelf, build to print, MOTs, and design to specification)
- Knowledge of the SAP ERP system
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent in a business/scientific/technical discipline
- Knowledge/experience of process improvement methodologies
Please note the successful Senior Supplier Programme Manager must be eligible for security clearance.
If you are interested in a new career opportunity then please apply today!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.