|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £53000 - £58000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Senior Supplier Programme Manager (Hardware & Mechanical Systems) to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description:
This role is part of the Supply Chain Organisation based in Bedfordshire managing the total supply chain for goods and services to meet a variety of programme and business requirements. The successful candidate will join a renowned international defence company, with a range of technically innovative products and excellent opportunities for career progression and personal and professional development.
Focussing on managing supplier delivery, it supports the development of complex hardware systems for a Ground Based Air Defence solution for an international customer. It calls for experience and a blend of proven skills covering relationship building and sustainment, risk and schedule adherence, and negotiations coupled with an ability to understand and resolve complex engineering issues working in a team. The right individual will have the flexibility to manage suppliers in other technology areas such as armoured vehicles and be able to support business winning initiatives.
- Managing suppliers to ensure technical, cost, quality and schedule requirements are met
- Ensuring supplier schedules and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with, the overall programme schedule
- Identifying acquisition and supply chain risks and dependencies, and developing the associated mitigation strategies and plans
- Identifying acquisition and supply chain opportunities, and developing the associated realisation strategies and plans
- Preparing plans for transition from contract award to delivery
- Developing and maintaining mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships with key internal and external business contacts
- Communicating and escalating issues as necessary
- Providing expertise, support, direction, advice, and guidance on procurement, supply chain and acquisition policy, strategies, products and contract management processes
It is anticipated that this role will be required from 1st October 2018 (could be sooner if available)
- Knowledge and recent experience of hardware and mechanical systems development subcontracts.
- Excellent understanding of procurement and supply chain best practice as applied to low volume, complex and bespoke solutions developed to meet requirements or specifications
- Highly motivated, determined, and committed individual with a proven record of achieving efficiency targets/objectives
- Confident self-starter, with an ability to innovate and think laterally
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment and responding to effectively to challenges.
- Experience of working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
- An ability to manage stakeholders' expectations effectively at a variety of levels
- An appreciation of procurement best practice as applied to goods and services which are built to print, military or commercial off the shelf.
- Understanding of system engineering principles and related disciplines/departments within a design and manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and advanced procurement techniques/tools
- Excellent commercial skills with the ability to negotiate best-value agreements
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Recent supply chain experience in the defence environment
- Success in delivering bid winning supply chain solutions
- Experience in the all phases of the product lifecycle from proposal, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
- Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (acquire to requirement, off the shelf, build to print, MOTs, and design to specification)
- Knowledge of the SAP ERP system
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent in a business/scientific/technical discipline
- Knowledge/experience of process improvement methodologies
More details on application...
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.