|Location: Bath, Somerset||Salary: £35000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits Package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
SENIOR SUPPORTABILITY CONSULTANT
BATH OR FAREHAM / SOUTHAMPTON AREA
£35,000 - £55,000 DEP ON EXPERIENCE + FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE
Our client comprises specialists from across a wide range of technical disciplines such as ILS / Reliability, Maintainability / Safety Engineering / Supportability needed to address a full-spectrum of engineering asset management issues within the Defence Industry.
The services they offer cover the full lifecycle of ownership and include enterprise-level consultancy, solving real-world business critical problems, with an exceptional engineering pedigree.
The objective is to help clients ensure at every stage, that their goals for cost, performance, safety, supportability and legal compliance will be met.
We offer a competitive salary on offer (based on skills and experience)
Contributory pension scheme,
25 days holiday,
Company Profit Share and Group Wide Profit Share,
Plus other benefits....
As a Senior Supportability Consultant, you will be required to support the development of the company's ILS capability, to undertake delivery of work to a high professional standard, and to promote the company as the supplier of choice for ILS and associated services.
The role will comprise the following elements:
- Manage the delivery of ILS Programmes and related projects to schedule and budget whilst meeting client and corporate expectations.
- Oversee ILS related engineering tasks including Reliability & Maintainability, Supportability, Maintenance Engineering and Spares Provisioning / Inventory Management.
- Tailor ILS Programmes and prepare requisite ILS planning documentation to meet the client's project and ILS objectives and add value to their businesses.
- Understand, undertake and comply with the UK MoD Supportability Assurance requirements and the governing policies of their Support Solutions Envelope.
- Engage with potential clients in support of Business Development activities, and to produce winning proposals and estimates for Supportability
- Liaise with clients and the equipment/platform end-user at senior levels on ILS and project issues.
The ideal background:
- Have a proven track record of conducting ILS and Supportability activities, and be familiar with the applicable ILS related standards
DEF STAN 00-600, JSP 886 / DLF, ASD Series (e.g. S1000D, S2000M), DEF STAN 00-45, DEF STAN 00-40 series.
- Have proven experience and training in Project Management techniques and methodologies (including Scheduling and Project Risk Management).
- Be able to demonstrate a good level of understanding of military equipment operations, maintenance and support.
- Be self-motivated and have a logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Be flexible and have a genuine enthusiasm to contribute to the growth of a successful business.
- Be articulate with professional presentational and written communication skills.
- Be a confident individual able to lead a team or act independently with support from colleagues.
- Hold a degree, or equivalent, in an engineering discipline.
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body and be proactive in managing his/her own professional development plan.
Hold SC clearance or be eligible for it.