|Location: Bristol||Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Senior Sustainability Consultant
£50,000 - £70,000 + Benefits
Bristol / Gloucester, Warrington or Derby bases (with flexible working available).
We have a fantastic opportunity for somebody that has experience in Sustainability / Environmental Management consultancy with a long-standing client that is growing rapidly in this area.
This consultancy that has been running for over 100 years holds it's staff at the heart of what they do, they believe the people are the reason clients work with them.
They strive to make you feel you belong to a team that cares about each and every member. On a career level they want you to feel empowered to achieve your personal and professional goals.
This role is with a sustainable Systems and Engineering Technology Consultancy. They help companies deliver innovative engineering solutions to make our lives safe, sustainable and affordable. People join this company to make a positive impact on the world and to learn from some of the greatest minds in the industry.
One of the biggest positive impacts we can have is helping society respond to climate change. In this role you can do this in a range of ways, from decarbonising and re-engineering industry & infrastructure to preparing for a climate changed future, through to accelerating new technologies and delivering the green recovery.
Due to significant growth and demand for sustainability consultancy services we are seeking an experienced sustainability practitioner with a detailed knowledge of sustainability, decarbonisation and climate resilience.
The successful applicant will have strong communication skills and an ability to influence effectively.
You will have experience of:
- Climate resilience;
- Environmental and sustainability management.
Desirable additional skills:
Degree in an Environmental or Sustainability related discipline.
- Experience of the development / compilation of Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) submissions and information.
- A proven and demonstrable track-record in the profitable delivery of projects in sustainability consultancy and the application of current/emergent business standards and expectations (e.g. ESG and SDGs).
- Experience of advising C-suite clients and colleagues on matters regarding business / organisation sustainability performance.
- An understanding of mega-trends, in particular those relating to the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals, Net Zero and potential disrupters to the consultancy market, notably those relating to the environment and sustainability market place.
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- Demonstrable track record of securing new business and delivering high quality work to clients / management stakeholders.
- Strong professional network in sustainability and credible connections with key professional stakeholders.
If you are successful in your application you will work within the Environment and Sustainability Team and support the development, implementation and delivery of sustainability related services across Defence, Government, Energy, Transport, Industrial, Infrastructure & Healthcare sectors.
This would include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of our sustainability vision and strategy.
- Development and delivery of sustainability focused consultancy (e.g. Net Zero strategy, new technologies, sustainable business models, climate risk assessment and associated declarations, low/zero carbon products/services, alternative fuels/renewable energy, materials management and sustainability / environmental management systems).
You will work with members of the management team with a focus on sustainability, business development, project management and delivery. You will be able to take a lead role on the technical and commercial aspects of projects.
You will be an important part of the team and have regular client contact at a senior level and have significant opportunities to show your business development skills.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.