|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sean Tierney||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Our Environmental Group has provided Environmental and Sustainability consultancy services to clients across the Government, Transport, Defence, Financial, Industrial, Renewables and Nuclear sectors for more than 10 years. We specialise in managing compliance and solving complex environmental and sustainability challenges. We know that improving sustainability can cover a range of issues, from responding to mega-trends such as climate change and developing new products to retiring legacy assets and operating in an efficient, compliant and responsible way.
The successful candidate will work within the Environmental Group. They will lead the development, implementation and delivery of the sustainable business strategy for the Group together with the provision of required consultancy services. This is expected to include:
- Leading the development and implementation of the sustainability vision and strategy for business.
- Development and delivery of sustainability focused consultancy in areas where sustainability is the primary driver and/or principal focus in the Transport, Defence, Energy and Infrastructure sectors (e.g. new technologies, sustainable business models, low/zero carbon products/services, alternative fuels/renewable energy, materials management and sustainability / environmental management systems).
- Activities to increase the number, and value, of projects across the business, that have sustainability as a primary driver or as the principal focus.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in an Environmental or Sustainability related discipline.
- Chartered Environmentalist or equivalent and Full/Fellow member of a recognised professional institution.
- Vast experience of environmental and sustainability consultancy.
- A proven and demonstrable track-record in the profitable delivery of projects in sustainability consultancy and the application of current/emergent business standards and expectations (e.g. ESG and SDG principles).
- Experience of advising c-suite clients and colleagues on matters regarding business / organisation sustainability performance.
- Demonstrable track-record of securing new business and delivering high quality work to clients.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working within multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- Experience of working within a Systems Engineering environment on Systems Engineering focussed projects.
- Existing strong client relationships, and workload, in sustainability consultancy.
- Strong professional network in sustainability, credible connections with key professional stakeholders.
- An understanding of mega-trends, in particular those relating to the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals and potential disrupters to the consultancy market, notably those relating to the environment and sustainability market place.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.