|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: Salary advertised on application|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Senior SWS Engineer to join them to help with providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board VANGUARD class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
Specific Job Description
The representative will be a key member of a multi-industry customer facing team at the SDA Headquarters, Abbey Wood under MoD leadership. They will be responsible for support to the Trident Systems Project Team in delivering a coherent SWS and SWSS programme to support the SSBN Force into the future against the backdrop of increasing demand driven by the Dreadnought Class SSBN.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Detailed knowledge of the Trident II D5 Strategic Weapon System including programme, policies, procedures, Subsystem operation and interaction, support and operations.
- Experience in working with MoD, RN and the Defence Industry at an appropriate management level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are also essential to enable effective communications.
- Defence Sector business experience and Programme/Portfolio Management experience.
- Exposure to customer operational requirements.
- Knowledge of Government procurement organisation and processes.
- Experience in working with the US Department of Defense, specifically, Director, Strategic Systems Programs.
Prior SWS experience in the Royal Navy, MOD or other supplier is essential.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (DV)
Click apply now to be considered!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.