|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £45 - £50 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in Reading who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Integration, Verification & Validation.
The successful Senior Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a payrate between £45.00 - £50.00 per hour.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer will include:
* Preparation and delivery of Requirements Reviews
* Able to capture traceable requirements within DOORS
* Evaluating and redesigning current systems against revised requirements
* Producing top level designs, detailed designs, specifications and supporting documents (ICDs, subcontractor SOW) during the design phase
* Able to perform complex integration and test of systems and subsystems
* Consideration for maintaining configuration management during system upgrades
* Familiar with integrating commercial equipment into a harsh military environment
* Aware of system of systems concepts and interoperability
* Early identification of risks, determine and perform mitigating actions
* Ability to integrate in-house developments with COTS products
* Extensive experience of configuration and fault-finding applications onto multiple Operating System
* Perform system integration activities at both software and hardware levels
* Derive comprehensive Verification and Validation Test Plans/Cases/Procedures with traceability to requirements
* Provide direction to other engineers with the team in order to progress and deliver against Integration and Test Activities
In order to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Fault finding of software, networks and hardware, using software tools and lab equipment.
* Experience of working in a Systems Engineering role, familiar with both the traditional systems engineering lifecycle as well as Agile frameworks.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
* Computer literate and familiar with using normal business and engineering software applications packages.
* Ability to obtain UK Security Clearance
* Experience leading engineering teams (Desirable)
* Experience of working with Atlassian toolset (i.e. Confluence, JIRA) as well as Product Data Management/Configuration Software (Desirable)
* Industry experience in the design, development and fielding of ISTAR & Communication capabilities. (Desirable)
* Experience in Military Radio communication systems (Desirable)
* Experience with mathematics related to navigation and geo-referencing (Desirable)
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!