|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Safety, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Systems Engineer.
Crawley, Dorking, Gatwick, Leatherhead, Horsham, Brighton, Sutton, Redhill, Croydon commutable.
£50,000 - £60,000 + Pension, 25 days Hol, Health-Care, Bonus
Would you enjoy working for a company at the very forefront of aviation systems technology?
How about working with technical experts in a very specialist high-tech field?
This company create in-flight entertainment systems that entertain millions of us every year as well as developing the avionic systems that control the world's biggest commercial aircrafts.
In the UK, they build equipment to train the next generation of pilots for military and commercial careers.
What an amazing place to work!
This role reports directly to the Systems Engineering Manager
You will be responsible for the execution and delivery of work packages and tasks within budget and to schedule on.
This role is specifically involved with the System Design and Integration Phases of the programme covering integration of an LTE System
You will be involved in System level verification Testing
- To carry out Systems Engineering Work Packages and Tasks in accordance with the Company Process and the relevant Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) and associated subordinate Engineering Plans.
- To support the relevant Systems Engineering Manager to ensure the delivery of development Work Packages to cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- In the role you will work closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure the correct flow down of requirements and flow up of compliance evidence.
- To work closely in support of the design and integration of a third party LTE Modem into the system.
- To support Programme Management in the identification, mitigation and closure of Dependencies, Risks & Opportunities
Essential and Desirable Skills/Experience
- Team player who can interface well with engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Good knowledge of Mobile Communications Systems and Networks both current and future visions & trends.
- Knowledge of 4G and LTE.
- Good knowledge of designing/testing 4G/LTE UE Systems including PRACH protocols
- Good understanding of Engineering Standards, engineering processes and maturity models
- Demonstrable experience and guidance to support software development and hardware development to recognised Design Assurance Levels