|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Senior Systems Engineer
£60,000 - £70,000
Senior Systems Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in the Portsmouth area.
The successful Senior Systems Engineer will be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification and have a sound working knowledge of current Defence Standards as applicable to the maritime combat systems domain.
As Senior Systems Engineer you will have proven experience within the leadership of successful design, implementation, integration, test, installation and acceptance of Maritime Combat Systems.
If you are an enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of engineering, programme management and business leadership, and have the ability to interpret current practices and processes, recommend improvements where necessary and drive change, our client would love to hear from you.
This position is principally focused on the air and missile defence domain including Directed Energy Weapons. The role will contribute to developing and growing this line of business including System Engineering activities in support of Maritime opportunity identification activities, operational analysis and design studies, bid support and programme performance (design, development, production, delivery and follow-on support and enhancements).
What the role of the Senior Systems Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer will include:
* Generation of common, tailored technical solutions for programmes and opportunities within the domain, and alignment with business and commercial elements of solutions.
* Definition and leadership of Operational Analysis (OA) activities, including definition of OA problems, creation/integration of OA toolsets, conduct of modelling and exploration of result to determine and improve system performance and behaviour.
* Leadership of multi-disciplined technical staff assigned across the domain, including permanently-assigned staff and staff shared with other activities.
* Generation of White Papers, Requests for Information/Proposal responses, and delivery of appropriate external events such as demonstrations, conference exhibitions and presentations.
* Generation of Should-Costs, estimates, resource and staffing requirements, nominal schedules, opportunity qualification activities, competitive analysis.
* Providing support to capture events including strategy development, competitive analysis and internal/independent reviews.
* Analyse business & market strategies and developing product/technology roadmap(s) for assigned areas of responsibility.
* Plan and delivery company-funded research and development and Capital projects to align with business goals.
* Providing visibility of activities to stakeholders.
* Development of external relationships across customer acquisition / integration / support authorities, users, other businesses, universities and lab engagements, including securing third party investments.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer:
* Business-focused attitude and ability to synthesize business and contractual needs and requirements into effective system solution architectures within agreed technical, schedule and cost constraints.
* Experience of supporting Business Development and Capture Teams in pursuit of new opportunities including operational analysis, preliminary solution definition, solution design and preparation and delivery of proposal material including schedule and cost estimates.
* Able to support Systems Engineering tasking - requirements analysis, decomposition, allocation, systems integration and testing.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex data in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Familiarity with maritime air defence systems (hardkill and softkill) and Threat Evaluation and Weapon Allocation protocols.
* Familiarity with Directed Energy Weapons.
* Able to develop Technology Roadmaps and conduct assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems, and embodiment of COTS/MOTS Systems.
* Able to conduct internal and customer-funded Research and Development studies.
* Experience of Model Based Engineering and Digital Development Environments
* Ability to plan and control own work and that of assigned staff.
* Able to demonstrate strong technical leadership within a busy environment whilst providing guidance and mentoring to other engineers
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.