|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £40000 - £57000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ruan Marx|
Senior Systems Engineer
Portsmouth - Hybrid Working
£40,000 - £57,000 - Depending on Experience
Senior Systems Engineer needed for a leading defence and security organisation based in the Bristol area who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Senior Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work.
As a Senior System Engineer, you will be degree qualified within systems engineering or equivalent experience and have several years' worth of proven experience working within the UK defence engineering sector.
What the role of the Senior Systems Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer will include:
- You will be working across crucial elements of the engineering lifecycle, from requirement gathering to qualification.
- You will be responsible for eliciting requirements from a range of stakeholders, and then deriving those requirements to the appropriate level for subsystem specification.
- You will participate in activities supporting the ongoing maturity of the design for a range of marine engineering systems.
- This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a complex engineering programme of national importance, within a supportive team who drive best engineering excellence and best practice.
- Requirement analysis and derivation at sub-system level, in addition to defining and capturing qualification statements/cases against requirements.
- Using proprietary UML based visual modelling and design toolsets to structure design definition of complex engineering and auxiliary systems.
- Future career progression opportunities could include the chance to lead packages of work, and/or develop skills in engineering people management and leadership.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer:
- Systems engineering experience gained from one or more areas of the systems engineering lifecycle/ V-model, such as: systems integration, system verification testing, software testing, system design etc.
- Honours degree or equivalent experience in the appropriate discipline.
- General engineering systems experience, throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
- Experience utilising software packages such as UML based modelling toolsets.
- Requirements management experience with software tools such as DOORS and familiar with IT networks and general office applications.
- Capable of achieving the appropriate Professional Institution membership
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.