|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer needed for a multinational defence and maritime organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Engineering Design and/or Engineering Management within Mission/Combat Systems environment, Knowledge of engineering and project design lifecycle, and Defence and or Maritime experience.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer will include:
- Ensure the integrity of the Mission System and wider platform design is maintained as it transitions fully into the service environment.
- Manage the efficient, timely and safe implementation of design change into QNLZ and PWLS post VAD, including update and upgrade activities.
- Contribute to the maintenance of configuration control of the Mission System design.
- Provide authoritative evidence to demonstrate that design intent has been achieved and ensure that a design change has been holistically integrated.
- Ensures that the Safety Case has integrity, is comprehensive, coherent and consistent.
- Collect and collates evidence for Naval Authority Certification submissions;
- Identify and propose opportunities for improvement of Mission System platform design;
- Be the primary Warship Technical Authority Point of Contact for all Mission System related engineering design queries.
- Ensure compliance with SHE Management System, mitigating risks and improving overall, SHE performance.
- Line management responsibility for a small team of chartered engineers.
What you need to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Be a member of a relevant professional body and registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng), or be able to demonstrate that they have been working at the level of a Chartered Engineer for some period of time.
- Engineering Design and/or Engineering Management within Mission/Combat Systems environment involved with the QEC programme.
- Defence and or Maritime experience.
- Knowledge of engineering and project design lifecycle.
- Be qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in Electronic Engineering or a related discipline preferably with experience in the marine/naval industry.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the Senior Systems Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.