|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the V-lifecycle.
The successful Senior Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
* 25 day's holiday + Bank holidays
* Flexible working hours
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Free Flu Jab
* Cycle scheme
* Free eye test
* Life assurance
Main Purpose of Job:
To undertake systems engineering tasks, SE tools design & support, support for tools and processes and requirements capture and management, under the leadership of the Systems Engineering Manager and the Management Team.
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer will include:
* To provide and maintain Subject Matter Expertise in Requirements Engineering and Project Design Lifecycle, as applicable to Marine Automation Projects
* To implement (I)PMS engineering process, dovetailing Company procedures with that of customer and project organisations to ensure the efficient management of the requirements, specification and validation / verification of ship design and system interfaces.
* To negotiate and manage contract technical requirements and assure traceability through to system delivery, ship commissioning and customer acceptance.
* To assist in the production of, and supervise authorship of, system and equipment specifications; the derivation and acceptance of technical assessment criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses.
* To lead technical reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the (I)PMS design by customer and project team stakeholders.
* To lead the decomposition and management of IPMS requirements on various projects
* To lead Engineering assurance activates against technically biased processes, driving in product quality
* Interface management at system level and below, and support of enterprise architecture development.
* To assist in SE support of Engineering work packages and associated Level 4 plans.
* To provide highly effective and credible Technical Representation for the company when dealing with customers and suppliers.
* Other tasks agreed with the Systems Engineering Manager as appropriate.
* To support the business front end and marketing activity, and product road mapping as required
What you need to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer:
* Good understanding of requirements engineering within Defence Projects
* Knowledge of the "Vee" cycle.
* Good people management skills
* Good understanding of formal design processes
* Good planning, communications, and co-ordination skills
* Good PC skills (Ideally DOORS, System Architect, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project).
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!