|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Senior Systems Engineer
Salary: £40,000- £50,000
Currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer needed for a Defence and Marine Engineering Consultancy based in Bristol. You will be joining a growing systems engineering team. The successful applicant will receive exposure and experience working on large scale projects with opportunities to advance their career in the field of systems engineering
- 25 days holiday per year increasing to 26 days after 3 years of service.
- Life Assurance
- Sick Pay Entitlement
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Personal Achievement Training
- Eye Test
- Cycle To Work Scheme
Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Knowledge of SysML (Systems Modelling Language);
- Degree qualified engineer (or equivalent)
- Experience in a professional engineering environment, be familiar with engineering processes and possess a strong appreciation of systems engineering fundamentals
- Support domain specialists in the definition and management of subsystem black box, white box and system interface diagrams.
- Support design reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the company designs from customer and project team stakeholders;
- To capture voids in designs and present these to stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc tasks as agreed with the line manager or work package lead.
- Provide technical representation for the company to customers and suppliers and deputise for the technical manager on occasions;
The following are desirable attributes for the role:
- Knowledge of MODAF and DODAF architectural frameworks;
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- To "fill gaps" in the engineering team by quickly understanding wider engineering areas (outside of specialism) to support design and understand engineering strategies - EMC, Safety, ILS, etc.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Definition and management of system level requirements;
- Management of Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence and understand the importance of tracability to customer requirements;
- Experience of managing system level compliance documentation and management of concessions;
- Reviewing and communicating the impact of changes to the technical baseline;
- Development of V&V test plans;
- To review the verification evidence received from key suppliers for compliance, either personally or through liaison with suitably qualified experienced personnel;
- Support lower level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements;
- Produce and support adjacent functions in the definition of system and equipment specifications.
- Production of acceptance and selection criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses.
- Engineering Process:
- Experience of managing technical queries and the engineering change management process;
- Collaborate with other business functions to produce and review engineering work packages and associated work breakdown structures.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!