|Location: Bristol, S. W. England, England||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bristol. They're looking to employ an experienced Senior Systems Engineer who will Undertake systems engineering tasks, SE tools design & support, support for tools and processes and requirements capture and management, under the leadership of the Systems Engineering Manager and the Management Team.
The successful Senior Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Contributed pension
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer will include:
- Definition and management of system level requirements;
- Management of Verification and Validation (V&V) evidence and understand the importance of tracability to customer requirements;
- Experience of managing system level compliance documentation and management of concessions;
- Reviewing and communicating the impact of changes to the technical baseline;
- Development of V&V test plans;
- To review the verification evidence received from key suppliers for compliance, either personally or through liaison with suitably qualified experienced personnel;
- Support lower level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements;
- Produce and support adjacent business functions in the definition of subsystem and equipment specifications.
- Production of acceptance and selection criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses.
- Experienced in design and review processes
- Experience of managing technical queries, risk and the engineering change management process;
- Support design reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the company designs from customer and project team stakeholders;
- To capture voids in designs and present these to stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc tasks as agreed with the line manager or work package lead.
- Provide technical representation for the company to customers and suppliers and deputise for the technical manager on occasions;
What you need to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Equivalent of 6+ years' experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Good understanding of systems concepts, context, boundaries, interfaces, system hierarchy and the principles of system partitioning in order to help manage complexity;
- Understands the characteristics of good quality requirements, elicitation methods and tools;
- Good understanding of requirements engineering within Defence Projects;
- Knowledge of Systems Design methodologies;
- Able to understand detail and a low level of fidelity in technical decision making;
- Good planning, communications, and co-ordination skills;
- Good PC skills (Experience with DOORS is essential; System Architect or Rhapsody would be beneficial);
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.