|Location: Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Iain Harris|
Senior Technical Coordinator
Senior Technical Coordinator needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Waltham Cross who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Technical Coordinator with experience in working on major residential projects, ideally with some high-rise experience.
The successful Senior Technical Coordinator will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £65,000 per annum
- Car or allowance of £5,000
- Bonus of up to 15%
- Pension Plan
- 25 days annual leave
- Career Progression
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Technical Coordinator will include:
- Prepare and produce briefings by compiling relevant information, as briefed by the technical management
- Brief specialised consultants for the production of specific advice and guidance, such as soils and contamination investigation
- Manage external design consultants to develop comprehensive packages from approved planning drawings
- Manage consultants in the preparation and submission of Building Regulation packages and ensure that they remain compliant with NHBC warranty constraints
- Manage consultants to ensure smooth discharge of planning conditions
- Understand procurement schedules and track consultants progress to ensure their timeline matches the procurement timeline
- Assist technical management in ensuring external consultants fulfil responsibilities under CDM regulations
- Provide information for submission of any external materials while considering visual manufacturer and commercial aspects for approval of the Technical Manager
- Follow technical procedures and feedback suitable and relevant improvements
- Manage and report on any non-compliance with procedures
- Manage and minute package review meetings
- Oversee the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc to share with the team
- Manage the approval process including Code for Sustainable Homes/BREEAM, Secure by Design etc.
- Oversee approval process including Code for Sustainable Homes/BREEAM, Secure by Design etc.
- Liaise with the Sales department and assist in the coordination of sales materials
- Arrange and track package review meetings
- Arrange for pre-completion sound testing and air pressure testing to satisfy Building Control requirements.
- Manage the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc to share with the team.
- Ensure accuracy of technical information
- Co-ordinate conveyance plans and legal packs for each project
- Monitor the discharge of S106 payments throughout the project
- Attend monthly project review meetings to ensure full integration of design process within the business
- Update design in line with comments/updates from PRS agents, HA agents and commercial agents and inform the consultants if required
- Oversee implementation of any 3rd party requirements e.g. ER's and manage variations.
- Ensure compliance with 3rd party requirements
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the design programme
- Attend regular 1-2-1s with Technical Manager
- Highlight exceptions and challenges to Technical Manager
- Provide weekly reports on technical queries and cost sensitive issues to the Technical Manager
- Attend subcontractor pre-start and post-contract meetings to ensure they are correctly briefed
- Visit site to ensure seamless transition from Design to Construction phase
- Attend Project Team Meetings on site
- Respond to technical queries from all departments and site
- Create an environment to drive engagement
- Drive effective collaborative relationships with colleagues in other departments
- Manage the performance of Technical Coordinators, 121s, appraisal and dealing with under performance
- Role model and drive the practice of Telford Homes People-Behaviours
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings
- Support Technical Manager in the recruitment process
- Promote engagement and collaboration across own projects
- Set day to day workload with direct reports
What you need to be the successful Senior Technical Coordinator:
In order to be the successful Senior Technical Coordinator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in a technical role
- Experience of working on a mixed tenure private/affordable apartment development
- 2 years' experience of supervising junior employees
- Working towards Membership of a relevant professional organisation (e.g. RIBA, MCIOB etc)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of Auto CAD
- Leadership skills including but not limited to setting objectives and giving feedback.
- Strong and consistent performance.
- Respect for our people and customers.
- Team work.
- Integrity and commitment.
- Effective leadership.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Technical Coordinator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!