|Location: Warrington, Cheshire||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + 10% bonus + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
Senior Technical Support Engineer
My client is looking for Senior Technical Support Engineer to join their industry leading software company based in Cheshire.
The candidate will be responsible for providing support to their Software Vulnerability Management products via phone, email and web. Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of complex concepts are required to successfully troubleshoot and solve the customers' issues in a timely manner. Providing outstanding customer satisfaction is a key element to this role. The candidate should also have a technical aptitude and desire to expand their technical knowledge.
The successful Senior Technical Support Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- 10% bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Dental Insurance
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Pension Scheme
- + many more
Some of the main duties of the Senior Technical Support Engineer will include:
- Respond to customers experiencing technical issues via phone and e-mail in a timely, courteous and professional manner within agreed SLAs.
- Research, diagnose, reproduce, and log reported defects, working with engineering and other support team members to provide time-sensitive resolutions.
- Understand, document, and explain application functionality to customers.
- Advocate on the customer's behalf, guiding support tickets through escalation process and take ownership of escalated issues and work with key stake holder until resolution.
- Document technical resolutions for publishing in the Support knowledge base/FAQ
- Assist customers in setting up and implementing their solutions
- Train customers in how to configure and implement solutions
- Contribute to the Knowledge Base and use the existing KBs towards case resolution.
- Help identify and track application bugs and enhancement requests
- Identify and suggest process improvements
- Provide assistance to other team members
- Other related duties as assigned
What you need to be the successful Senior Technical Support Engineer:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, including both desktop and server
- Experience with WSUS, SCCM, or software deployment and management in enterprise environments
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policies & Certificates/SSL
- Experience and comfortable with Linux and command line environments
- Basic Mac knowledge
- Basic programming and scripting knowledge including PowerShell and Jscript.
- Fluent in verbal and written English
Nice to have:
- General security knowledge or software vulnerability knowledge would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Apache, IIS, LDAP, MySQL, MS SQL and query languages.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related experience.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!