|Location: Crawley||Salary: £400 - £500 per day|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Harriet Chisholm|
Senior Tools Engineer
Crawley - Remote role which will included a few days per month going into the office
Outside IR35 contract up to 6 months
Senior Tools Engineer needed for a Medical Technology business who are global leaders in precision radiation medicine looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Tools Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of software management, software application and product development.
The successful candidate would desirably have a Bachelor's degree (STEM subject preferred). If you have experience in the medical device industry that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Tools Engineer will include:
- Leads the selection of software/product engineering lifecycle tools based on user and process requirements in alignment with all relevant stakeholders
- Drives the requirements definition process for new tools and acts as facilitator between involved stakeholder groups e.g. Business Lines
- Develops integration and automation solutions across the engineering toolchain
- Installs and configures new tools according to defined user needs
- Leads and conducts the (re-) validation for new and existing tools
- Leads and supports tool maintenance, upgrades and administration including the creation of required documentation
- Acts as 1st and 2nd line user support for internal stakeholders and performs tools disaster recovery, if needed
- Provides tool training and coaching for the Global Tools Team as well as for tool users
- Participates in process improvement activities
- Ensures compliance to company procedures and standards
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Tools Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree (STEM subject preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years' experience in software management as well as in enterprise software tool administration
- 5+ years' experience in software application configuration/customizations/ scripting
- 5+ years' experience in product development, preferably in both software and hardware environments
- Experience and understating of Agile and Scaled Agile practices
- A good knowledge and application of methods, tools and applications in a high-tech engineering business organization a distinct advantage
- Strong decision making and analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills, verbal and written
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Tools Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.