|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: £32 - £41 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Senior Trials Engineer
Initial 6 month contract (possibility of extension)
Senior Trials Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced Senior Trials Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of armoured fighting vehicle qualification, experience of using Data Acquisition equipment, and the defence industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Trials Engineer will include:
- Operation of on and off-vehicle instrumentation to ensure that the trials data is correctly collected.
- Recording of trials events through written logs, photography and videography as required
- Initial investigation of incident and observations raised during the trial and subsequent reporting of those incidents and observations
- Assist the trials manager in the safe and correct conduct of the trials
- Maintenance and configuration of the on-vehicle instrumentation suite
- Working with test houses to ensure that trials run as smoothly as possible
- Working closely with the vehicle owners and vehicle crews to ensure that the trials activities & objectives are understood and adhered to
What you need to be the successful Senior Trials Engineer:
In order to be the successful Senior Trials Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience of armoured fighting vehicle qualification trials or similar
- Experience of using Data Acquisition equipment e.g. data loggers, video loggers, photography and videography in a test and trials environment
- Experience of using the following instrumentation/data acqusition technologies: accelerometers, thremocouples, MiLCAN, ethernet analysers or similar
- Experience of reporting and diagnosis of faults and observations on complex systems
- Experience of working effectively in small teams for extended periods away from the main office
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Trials Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants going forward for the Senior Trials Manager position must be eligible for security clearnace up to SC level.