|Location: London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Senior Tunnelling Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + excellent benefits package
We have a new opportunity for an excellent Senior Tunnelling Engineer to join a multidisciplinary organisation where they are in charge of delivering some of the world's largest infrastructure projects.
About the Senior Tunnelling Engineer Role:
Our client, who is known globally for their large projects have a tunnelling team in London full with experienced tunnelling engineers who carry out the full range of design service for road, rail, water and utility tunnels.
With ongoing work for tunnelling on the York Potash project and HS2 and additional work on Cross Rail 2 and Thames Tideway check, the Tunnelling team within cc383 requires an experienced senior tunnel engineer to support the future work of the CSBT team and replace those being mobilised to work long term on the HS2 project.
The Senior Tunnelling Engineer will be expected to:
- Have several years managing and delivering tunnelling jobs of both SCL and TBM design.
- Good experience in numerical modelling and rock mechanics is also advantageous
- This person will be a key team member for technical development of the team and client relationship and will be expected to take a more senior role within a few years
Key Duties for the Senior Tunnelling Engineer:
- Providing design calculations and preparation and review of drawings
- Project and team administration duties
- Producing project related correspondence and reports
- Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision.
- Co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
Key Skills and Qualifications for the Senior Tunnelling Engineer:
- BEng in Civil Engineering or a BSc in Geological Sciences supplemented by an MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering/Soil Mechanics or Structural Engineering
- Working knowledge of industry standard software for tunnelling and structural design
- Able to demonstrate strong design ability and engineering skills and knowledge
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Able to quickly develop successful client relationships
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Publication in journals and conferences is encouraged
- Enthusiasm for international working would be an advantage
- Experience and ability in numerical analysis
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.