|Location: London, England||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Senior Tunnelling Engineer
£50k - £55k
We are a global and multidisciplinary organisation delivering some of the world's largest infrastructure projects. Our tunnelling team in London is at the heart of many of these projects as well as providing expert services for technical aspects of tunnelling.
A holistic approach is brought to our tunnelling design, with a strong core team of experienced tunnelling engineers able to call on our "tunnelling plus" group to complete the full range of design service for road, rail, water and utility tunnels.
With ongoing work on a variety of projects including HS2 and Crossrail, the tunnelling team require an experienced senior tunnel engineer to support new and existing work. They are looking for someone who has several years managing and delivering tunnelling jobs. Good experience in numerical modelling and rock mechanics is also advantageous, you would be a key member for the technical development of the team and will be expected to take a more senior role, unlocking potential project opportunities within the business.
What you will be required to do as a Senior Tunnelling Engineer:
* Providing design calculations and preparation and review of drawings
* Project and team administration duties
* Producing project related correspondence and reports
* Co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
What we look for in a Senior Tunnelling Engineer:
* BEng in Civil Engineering or a BSc in Geological Sciences supplemented by an MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering/Soil Mechanics or Structural Engineering
* Working knowledge of industry standard software for tunnelling and structural design
* Able to demonstrate strong design ability and engineering skills and knowledge
* Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
* Able to quickly develop successful client relationships
* Able to work independently with minimum supervision
* Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential
* Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
* Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
* Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector. Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial security.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.