|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £20 - £26 per hour|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst required to join a globally established Defence company as part of their IT Services team in the Hampshire area. The primary objective of the Service Desk Analyst will be to provide first time resolution 24 hours a day - 7 days a week. This will be achieved by monitoring services, troubleshooting, diagnosing and managing incidents to an effective resolution or escalating the incident to one of the specialist support teams to investigate and resolve. The Service Desk Analyst will be required to work a 24/7 shift rota to support the operation and this will include out of hours support.
This is a demanding role which calls for excellent service skills, the ability to think outside of the box and to work well as part of a team. A large proportion of this role requires the Service Desk Analyst to monitor and maintain computer systems and networks, diagnose incidents and support roll-outs of new software. They will be required to answer telephone calls, handle correspondence and complete ad-hoc tasks delegated by the leadership team.
On offer for the Service Desk Analyst is an initial 6 month contract with possible extension, along with a rate of £20/hour to £26/hour depending on experience. This role will be based close to Portsmouth. The Service Desk Analyst is operational on a 24/7 basis - 365 days a year. Including 8 hour shifts earlies, lates and nights. There is a 10 week cycle so the candidate will know the rota well in advance.
Responsibilities of the Service Desk Analyst include:
- Using the Service Desk management tool, you will create and assign incidents and Service Requests.
- Ensuring that the Service Desk management tool is updated at each stage of the lifecycle of an incident.
- Assessing and prioritising of faults.
- Monitoring our extensive estate of servers, using Tivoli management system(s) and other tools, to identify incidents and take appropriate action to maintain and control the resolution of these incidents within in a timely manner.
- Liaison with specialist support teams.
- Follow procedures and diagrams to resolve incidents
- Provide a competent level of out-of-hours support for our customers.
- Provide regular internal and customer reports on incident status.
- Liaising and managing the response of 3rd party suppliers.
- Performing or arranging software rebuilds following system failure.
- Producing ad-hoc procedures to support task activity.
- Supporting the deployment of software configurations.
- Providing at desk training for new members of staff as required.
- Supporting customer visits to the area by demonstrating general tasks as required.
Required skillset of the Service Desk Analyst:
- Service Desk experience is a MUST.
- Technical qualifications with regard to the applications listed.
- Working experience with Service Management tools i.e. Remedy, Service Now and Asset Management applications.
- Experience working in an operation support environment
- ITIL V3 Foundation.
- Understanding of Tivoli applications.
- Ability to research and critically analyse data.