|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: James Giblin|
Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Service Desk Analyst who are looking to employ an experienced Service Desk Analyst with experience of working in a Service Desk Analyst Environment
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Service Desk Analyst will include:
Ensure that incidents and problems are identified, triaged and responded to quickly, professionally and courteously, ensuring that calls are correctly prioritised and categorised.
- Ensuring that the Service Desk management tool is updated at each stage of the lifecycle of an incident.
- Monitoring our extensive estate of servers, using Tivoli management system(s) and other tools, to identify incidents and take appropriate action to maintain and control the resolution of these incidents within in a timely manner.
- Liaison with specialist support teams.
- Follow process and work instructions to resolve incidents, problems and events.
- Provide updates and reports on active incidents, problems and events.
- Proactively update knowledge articles so that the service desk can deliver a standardised and repeatable service to customers
- Engage in "shift left" activities with technical teams to allow more incidents to be resolved at first point of contact cutting down disruption to users and enhancing customer satisfaction
- Liaising and administering the response of 3rd party suppliers.
- Produce management reports from ITSM data
- Performing or arranging software rebuilds following system failure.
- Supporting the deployment of software configurations.
- Provide on the job training for new members of staff.
Shift work - As a Service Desk Analyst you will be required to work shifts.
- Operations Engineer's work a shift pattern on a rotational basis to provide essential support to our customers. The Service desk is operational on a 24/7 basis 365 days a year. The current shift pattern consists of earlies, lates and nights. Weekend cover is provided by extended working hours on Saturday and Sunday.
What you need to be the successful Service Desk Analyst:
In order to be the successful Service Desk Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!