|Location: Bromley, Kent||Salary: £30000 - £33000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Service Desk Engineer
Based in Bromley, Kent my client within financial services are looking to recruit a Service Desk Engineer to provide 1st and 2nd line IT technical support to business users.
As a Service Desk Engineer you will be maintaining existing systems to agreed service levels and configuring systems to meet business needs.
As a Service Desk Engineer you eill have excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate clearly and confidently to users.
Service Desk Engineer responsibilities:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support and advice.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve incidents at the first point of contact, or by escalating incidents to our service partner.
- Be accountable to the business for incidents, maintaining ownership of the original incident, providing timely updates to users and ensuring incidents are given the correct level of priority and attention.
- Be an active participant and sometimes take the lead in project deliverables.
- Complete Information Security & SOX related IT recurring tasks
Service Desk Engineer skills required:
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced, contact centre environment that encompasses Windows Server, Windows Clients, Citrix/VDI, Microsoft Office and cloud/bespoke applications.
- Good understanding of networking and VOIP telephony platforms.
- Working knowledge of AD, Group policy, Exchange, scripting and remote tools.
- Working knowledge of JIRA for incident management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of ISO 27001/PCI DSS/Sarbanes Oxley is desirable.
- Proactive and has a strong sense of urgency and a commitment to follow through.
- Ability to listen effectively, to diagnose a user's problem and find an appropriate solution.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and readily embraces change.
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels of the business.
- Ability to prioritise workload to achieve deadlines.
- Multi-site and remote worker support experience is desirable.
As a Service Desk Engineer you will need to undergo security clearance for this role due to the nature of the clients financial services