|Location: West Sussex, England||Salary: Pension|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Simon Kiely|
IT Service Desk Manager / team lead
IT Service Desk Manager / team lead needed for our client based in West Sussex, who are looking to employ an experienced hands on IT Service Desk Manager / Team lead with an in-depth knowledge of 2nd line support, MS Office applications, MS Exchange & O365, intermediate to advanced networking abilities
The successful IT Service Desk Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: c£30,000 per annum
* 28 day's holiday
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Free on site parking
Some of the main duties of the Service Desk Manager / team lead will include:
* Managing the daily activities of the Service Desk team, ensuring shifts are covered, SLA's are met
* Monitor team performance, KPI's and time sheets. Conducting 121s, mentoring the team and working with the Operations Manager to address any training needs
* Continual service improvement of the Service Desk. Improving efficiency and implementing or amending processes where required
* Providing 2nd Line technical support, responding to incident and service requests from customers by telephone, email and monitoring system alerts.
* Maintain customer documentation in relation to hardware, software configurations and standard build information
* Being the point of escalation when a Service Desk Technician is unable to resolve an issue in a timely manner, liaising with the customer
* Communicate with customers as required - keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
* Accurately recording time entries and updating and tickets as they are worked on
* Prioritise workload
* Customer experience. Provide great customer service
In order to be the successful Service Desk Manager / team lead and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Leadership experience/abilities
* 3 years minimum experience in a 2nd Line support role
* Excellent troubleshooting and fault-finding skills
* Good customer service skills
* Strong knowledge of current supported MS operating systems - Server & Workstation. Install, configure, troubleshoot.
* Good knowledge of supporting MS Office applications
* Proficiency in Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS
* Intermediate to advanced networking abilities. Setup, configure, troubleshoot switches, routers, VLANs, wifi, VPN, firewalls
* Email - MS Exchange & 365. Configure and troubleshoot mail delivery.
* Virtualisation - Hyper V. Understanding virtual servers and hosts. Configuring and troubleshooting
* Knowledge of domains, basic web hosting, SPF, installing SSL's
* Good experience of remotely troubleshooting hardware including UPS, NAS, Printers
* VoIP troubleshooting
* Experience of using Visio for network documentation
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Service Desk Manager /Team lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.