|Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex||Salary: £27000 - £28000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Simon Kiely||Job Published: 6 days ago|
Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line)
Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line) needed for a client based in West Sussex who are looking to employ an experienced Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line).
The successful Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line) will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Circa: £28,000 per annum
- 28 day's holiday
Some of the main duties of the Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line) will include:
- Providing 2nd Line technical support, responding to incident and service requests from customers by telephone, email and monitoring system alerts.
- Maintain customer documentation in relation to hardware, software configurations and standard build information
- Where the IT Service Desk Technician is unable to resolve an issue in a timely manner this should be reported to the Service Desk Manager so that it can be escalated to the appropriate Team/Staff member
- Communicate with customers as required - keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Accurately recording time entries and updating and tickets as they are worked on
- Prioritize workload
- Customer experience
- Provide great customer service
In order to be the successful Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line) and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- 3 years minimum experience in similar roles
- Excellent troubleshooting and fault-finding skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good telephone manner, typing and grammar
- Strong knowledge of current supported MS operating systems - Server & Workstation. Install, configure, troubleshoot.
- Good knowledge of supporting MS Office applications
- Proficiency in Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS
- Intermediate to advanced networking abilities. Setup, configure, troubleshoot switches, routers, VLANs, wifi, VPN, firewalls
- Email - MS Exchange & 365. Configure and troubleshoot mail delivery.
- Virtualisation - Hyper V. Understanding virtual servers and hosts. Configuring and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of domains, basic web hosting, SPF, DNS, installing SSL's
- Good experience of remotely troubleshooting hardware including UPS, NAS, Printers
- VoIP troubleshooting
- Experience of using Visio for network documentation
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line) to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.