|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Up to £1 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Service Desk Agent required for one of the UKs leading defence / technology companies based in Farnborough. My client are leading the way when it comes to research and development within defence markets.
Ideal candidates for this Service Desk position will have experience of 1st and 2nd Line technical support, maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.
Salary for this position has not been advertised, and will be discussed upon application. This position will be involved in a 24/7 shift pattern, so candidates must be happy to complete shift work.
All applicants for Field Service Manager must be eligible for Security Clearance to SC level.
Key Responsibilites for Service Desk position:
* To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support; providing customer support via phone, email
and drop-in visits into the Service Desk maintaining a high degree of customer service
at all times.
* To log, update and manage all calls via the IT call logging system relating to the support of all software and hardware in the Operational environment.
* Adhere to all service management principles, including the company's software licensing
* Responsible for Software License Management including the ordering and distribution of
* To manage and safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company and
* Ensure compliance with organisation policies, procedures and work instructions.
* To take ownership of problems and be proactive when dealing with all issues.
* To allocate technical calls to the relevant resolver group, initiate escalation procedures and manage incidents.
* Liaison with third party suppliers as required.
* Handling VIP support calls in a professional manner.
* Proactively investigating ways to reduce common issues and publishing self-help guides to assist
the customer base. In turn this gives time back to the business.
* Responsible for update and maintenance of accurate internal work instructions and
To apply for this exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Agent please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.