|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: benefits package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Service Engineer required for one of the world leading and most successful defence and aerospace organisations, based in Southampton. My client are looking for someone to join their team as a Service Engineer, working on delivering large scale engineering projects to a high quality standard.
They are looking for people with experience of working within Service Engineering within either an aerospace or electronic environment. Ideally candidates will also have some experience of IT including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visual.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for someone looking to progress their career with a global leader, the position will offer a wealth of training and development!
All applicants for this Service Engineer position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
- Matched 5% pension
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work schemes
- Dental insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Manage key project & service issues as directed by the Line Manager to ensure successful outcomes.
- Support the Service department to deliver projects to time cost and quality.
- Support the acceptance testing of customer systems.
- Assist the service team in the management of suppliers.
- Take direction from the Project Managers and team leaders to meet the company needs.
- Management of helpdesk call and customer returns processes.
- Assist the Service team in reporting to the client to ensure clear communications are maintained.
- Adherence to change control processes to ensure project configuration management is maintained at all times.
- Liaise with and manage sub-contractors to ensure the necessary work is completed and the best results are achieved.
- Follow best practice guidelines at all times when completing assigned tasks.
Adhere to all H&S related legislation.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Service Engineer position:
- Experience working in a project/service delivery environment
- Experience in a customer facing service engineering role
- Implementing, managing & maintaining Microsoft Windows\Server environments including active directory
- An understanding of networking and associated technologies
- An understanding of visual and audio technologies (analogue & digital)
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Visio
- An understanding of satellite communications and associated technologies (Inmarsat, Iridium, GPS) etc (Desirable)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE BRITISH CITIZENS, AND ELIGIBLE FOR SC CLEARANCE.
To apply for this exciting Service Engineer position, please press 'apply now'.