|Location: Cumbria, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Service Engineer needed for a multinational nuclear organisation based in Cumbria. They're looking to employ an experienced Service Engineer will be responsible for provision of high quality after sales support to customers, on a range of Radiometric Equipment located within and outside the UK.
The Service Engineer will be carrying out radiometric Equipment installations is also part of this role. Support may be required at any customer location upon request and customer satisfaction is key.
The successful Service Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holidays
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the Service Engineer role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Service Engineer will include:
- Pre-delivery inspection and customer acceptance testing of supplied equipment
- Successfully completing installation and commissioning of equipment at customer specific facilities, ensuring work carried out within budget and prescribe timescale
- Provide continual professional service support to internal and external customers by email, telephone and at location
- Ensuring customer requests are carried out and rectified within a timely manner, and are done so within service contract response times
- To recognise and therefore provide quicker rectification of recurring faults, reducing down time and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Continuous development of product and system knowledge
- Coordinate and schedule daily activities in accordance with site preventative maintenance schedules and breakdown assistance
- Frequently required to travel within the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Ability to conduct site surveys, engineering investigations, prepare reports and devise solutions.
What you need to be the successful Service Engineer:
In order to be the successful Service Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Vocational qualification Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience in electrical engineering
- Preferably experienced in, or have a good working knowledge of radiation safety
- Confidently approach customers in a positive manner during breakdowns and when providing training courses
- Ability to secure relevant site security passes.
- Ideally qualified to Degree level or in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- To have a proactive nature, to make things happen
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- A methodical approach to work
- Good attention to detail
- Flexibility, to travel anywhere required to complete assigned tasks
- To support, promote and demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Company's Continuous Improvement Culture and Nuclear Professionalism at all times
- An awareness of health and safety best practice/culture
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Service Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.