|Location: Cumbria, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Service Engineer needed for a globally recognised Defence organisation based in Cumbria who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Service Engineer that takes pride in their work who can confidently approach customers in a positive manner during breakdowns and when providing training course and has the ability to secure relevant site security passes.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Company bonus scheme
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Service Engineer will include:
- Pre-delivery inspection and customer acceptance testing of company supplied equipment
- Successfully completing installation and commissioning of company equipment at customer specific facilities, ensuring work carried out within budget and prescribe timescale
- Provide continual professional service support to internal and external customers by email, telephone and at location
- Ensuring customer requests are carried out and rectified within a timely manner, and are done so within service contract response times
- To recognise and therefore provide quicker rectification of recurring faults, reducing down time and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Continuous development of product and system knowledge
- Coordinate and schedule daily activities in accordance with site preventative maintenance schedules and breakdown assistance
- Frequently required to travel within the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Ability to conduct site surveys, engineering investigations, prepare reports and devise solutions.
What experience you need to be the successful Service Engineer:
- Vocational qualification Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience in electrical engineering
- Preferably experienced in, or have a good working knowledge of radiation safety
- Confidently approach customers in a positive manner during breakdowns and when providing training courses
- Ability to secure relevant site security passes.
Behaviours of the Service Engineer Required
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- To have a proactive nature, to make things happen
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- A methodical approach to work
- Good attention to detail
- Flexibility, to travel anywhere required to complete assigned tasks
- To support, promote and demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Company's Continuous Improvement Culture and Nuclear Professionalism at all times
- An awareness of health and safety best practice/culture
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Service Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Service Engineer position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.