|Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Sheet Metal Technician
Contract - 12 months
Sheet Metal Technician required for a globally recognised defence company who are based in Salisbury. My client is looking for a Sheet Metal Technician on an initial 12-month contract.
They're looking for sheet metal Technician to manufacture bespoke Aircraft modifications. They need you to be able to understand technical drawings & be able to make sheet metal parts and assemblies that both conform to the drawing & work.
All applicants must already be security cleared (SC) for this role.
Key Experience and Knowledge needed for Sheet Metal Technician:
- Review design data and technical information, identify any potential issues, recommend solutions and ensure actions are carried out to meet deadlines.
- Work to departmental key performance indicators
- Effective management of own time in accordance with work demand.
- Understand change control
- Working in a safe manner and ensuring the safety of others
- Openly share experiences and information within the team in relation to and how to complete various tasks
- Adhering to good housekeeping within the work area
- Using substances under COSHH regulations
- Reporting serviceability of workshop or service equipment to the Team Leader if defects identified.
- Openly & honestly communicating with other areas, including, but not limited to: Other Manufacturing Teams & Design Teams.
- Complete manufacturing activities to relevant procedures, standards, methods and process sheets.
Key Capabilities and Knowledge for Sheet Metal Technician:
- Ability to work with all types of materials including Aerospace & Marine grade materials.
- Ability to create fine tolerance sheet metal components.
- Ability to create developments
- Ability to read engineering drawings and customer sketches
- Familiar with the following machinery (CNC Brake Press, Manual Folders, Guillotine, Fly Press,)
- Knowledge of Heat Treatment Process.
- Working in a highly regulated industry (EASA Part 21 G)
- Ability to find Mechanical Engineering solutions to non-standard problems and problems outside area of own expertise.
To apply for this exciting 12-month contract opportunity for a Sheet Metal Technician please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.