|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 10 days ago|
A Shipping Specialist is needed for a globally recognised Aerospace organisation based in Reading who are looking to employ an experienced Shipping Specialist with an in-depth knowledge of imports/exports processes and compliance with customs regulations.
The successful Shipping Specialist will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
* 25 day's holiday
* Variable annual bonus
* Contributory Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
What the role entails: This position is responsible for performing effectively and accurately necessary import/Export processes and to communicate information and viable solutions to controls and processes.
Some of the main duties of the will include:
* Manage import/customs/Export process to ensure that all queries and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
* Ensure that all Departmental Customs Records are updated and maintained in an accurate manner
* Ensure that all current processes, controls, policies and securities are complied with.
* Ensure all outbound shipments are packed in accordance with current standards and shipped within specific requirements
* To be able to communicate with internal and external customers, brokers, shippers, and manufacturers.
* To be able to communicate with outside agencies to ensure that the Customer's and Company's
* To undertake reasonable tasks outside of normal role when team objectives require, as decided by the Logistics Manager.
* Complete data entry within various software systems.
* Record keeping and filing management
* In-house packing of items being shipped
* Exhibits knowledge of industry practices and leads the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
What you need to be the successful Shipping Specialist:
* Educated to GCSE Level in Maths and English or equivalent
* Knowledge of Imports and Customs procedures
* Knowledge of Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
* Good data entry Skills, able to use a PC to a high standard
* Knowledge of Export Procedures
* Knowledge of US / UK Export Compliance
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Shipping Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.