|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £32000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Site Maintenance Team Leader to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
You will need to provide first level line management to the hard services team, which comprises multiple trades including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC. You will also be required to be reasonably computer literate have experience of utilising a CMMS and of managing a maintenance team.
The role will be interacting with internal customers and stakeholders so the ability to communicate appropriately with staff at levels up to Director will be required.
- Manage appraisal of direct reports
- Process time sheets of direct reports
- Manage team holidays to ensure site cover
- Manage the facilities call out rota
- Identify the team's training requirements
- Responsible for team performance
- Responsible for processing of team absence management
- Mentor to junior team members
- First line responsibility for safety i.e. production and issues of RAMs, permits etc.
- To efficiently deliver the maintenance activities utilising the existing team and booking and Control of external contractors including monitoring and reporting on issues
- Ensure all statutory inspections completed on time for assets under facilities control
- Be responsible for the safe operation of plant by team members
- Develop and improve maintenance job plans for facilities assets
- Check returned job plans/SSR's for accurate and correct content before submitting for CMMS entry
- Act as facilities representation for project handover/acceptance of new plant
- Carry out team briefings/ act as management representation to the hard services team
- Ensure identified consumables are available prior to PPM issue
- Meet assigned KPI's for task turnaround and equipment uptime
- Plan and organise maintenance shut down activities
- Facilities owned areas to be kept in a clean, secure and compliant state
- Collection of new asset registration data for submission to tech admin
- Cover for hard/soft services engineering lead if required
- Daily use and support of CMMS to control workflow
The role will be issued with a credit card and will ensure correct and appropriate use of company credit card
- Previous supervisory experience of a site services/maintenance team along with use of a CMMS.
- Ideally, from a service provider hard services supervisory background but must have experience of managing a small maintenance team.
- Previous use of a CMMS system i.e. Maximo, EAM etc.
- Appropriate to core trade
- IOSH managing safely
You will have 8 direct reports plus management of external contractors.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.