|Location: North West London, London||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Max Noddings||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Utilities Construction Manager
North West London
Utilities Construction Manager needed for a multinational financial organisation based in North West London who are looking to employ an experienced Utilities Construction Manager with a background in design.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Utilities Construction Manager will include:
- Deliver Work Packages package works in compliance with client expectations, LM objectives and KPI systems
- Provide technical support for Project Managers & Design Managers
- Working with the Design Team to Identify Utility Assets requiring Diverting or Disconnecting Identification and programming of New Connections/Supplies
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase
- Close liaison with Work Package Project Manager, Design Managers & DJV Design Partners with regards to work package progress and any potential obstacles
- Developing and agreeing the design strategy with the designers including Diversion Routes, Preferred Points of Connection and utility routes.
- Review and Challenge Utility Company C3&C4 Network Designs, Estimates & Programs
- Input into Scheme Design and Detailed Design review and monitor design change.
- Liaising with the client during the contract finalisation and design stages, attending meetings and being the single point of contact for all aspects of the utilities/contract delivery
- Liaise with Client, Design Partners & Utility Companies, Local Authorities and Key Stakeholders throughout project life cycle.
- Ensuring Utility Assets are constructed as designed and in a safe manner and recorded correctly Contribute to coordinated construction planning, programming and sequencing
- Overall responsibility for multi-utility Diversion, connection & Disconnections works projects in, delivering projects on time and within budget
- Monitoring of productivity and cost management in line with the expected costs of the Projects
- Assist in the Preparation, negotiation and agreement of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims
- Management & Co-ordination of Site Utility support staff to ensure consistent accuracy and quality of team's work
- Ensures that all construction and installation teams are aware of their responsibilities and activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation
- Managing a number of Work Packages concurrently
- Management of, and liaison with Work package PM's and Design Managers to ensure smooth running of projects as part of our Equality Diversity and Inclusion policy, we are committed to supporting any adjustments that you may require in both your application and any potential interviews.
What you need to be the successful Utilities Construction Manager:
In order to be the successful Utilities Construction Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree within the civil Engineering Industry/Construction
- Minimum of 5 years within industry
- SMSTS certificates
- Drivers License
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Utilities Construction Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!