|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
Our client provides advanced and innovative Cyber-Security protection services across a leading Aerospace and Defense organization, using sophisticated means to detect and manage technical security incidents. There are presently opportunities for software developers to join this Group and be involved in leading-edge technology development.
The roles are based in newly refurbished offices in Cheltenham.
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and competent Software and Infrastructure Developer with at least 5 years professional experience to join an existing small team, working in the field of Cyber and Computer Forensics technology. The ideal candidate should have a background in either IT infrastructure and/or software engineering and should be a keen technologist.
Developers at this company work in a fun and dynamic environment where they are encouraged to explore original ideas and concepts to help solve difficult problems. The work is varied as the company develops and supports many applications and projects. Developers will sometimes work as part of a team on a large project and sometimes alone to solve a particular problem. The existing team work largely in C#, Python, Java and C++ although any technical background will be considered providing the candidate shows a willingness to learn new skills and work with cutting-edge tools and technologies.
The company encourages diversity of thinking and innovation. You will report to the Head of Development and will be pivotal in developing complex features and working with new technologies.
- Design, develop and maintain a suite of in-house software applications, agents and scripts
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues across a broad range of technologies
- Work on development activities to support the field of cyber defence and response within a team of specialist cyber incident responders and technical security experts
- Be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle, from initial concepts and vision, prototyping, deployment, and testing
Background and Understanding
- At least five years relevant working experience
- Strong coding abilities - proficient in at least one high level language, ideally C#, C++ or Java
- Experience with database technologies, particularly big-data solutions Experience with messaging technologies (AMQP, Microsoft Exchange)
- An understanding of source control, bug-tracking and the software development lifecycle
- Experience of designing RESTful APIs
- Hardware, Network and Application Design and Monitoring
- A keen interest in emerging technologies
- A positive attitude and the desire to add value
- Able to follow a fast, iterative agile development approach
- Virtualisation, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Python, WPF, MVC, Entity Framework, C, TCP/IP, NodeJS