|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Materials Engineer to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description:
A talented Software Development Engineer is required to join the Software Engineering team. As a Software Development Engineer you will have worked on programmes through the full Software Engineering lifecycle, with focus on the Software Design, Implementation and Unit Testing aspects of software development.
- Experience of the following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages: Java 8, C#
- Strong understanding of threading and concurrent programming in either Java or C#
- Strong understanding of unit testing and unit test/mocking frameworks, i.e. NUnit/Junit and Moq/Mockito
- Experience of relational database design and SQL
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures
- Typically you may have used UML modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody) and be familiar with requirements capture tools (e.g. DOORS). You will also be proficient in the use of software source control tools (e.g. Mercurial) and issue tracking tools (e.g. JIRA).
- You should have a passion for developing high quality software solutions, have the ability and willingness to support/mentor junior team members, be a self starter with the ability to work with little supervision, proven ability to learn new skills quickly, all whilst maintaining a high standard of ethics and personal accountability
- HMI/GUI design and development
- GIS frameworks (e.g. Luciad)
- Understanding of entity framework for .NET and the Java persistence API for Java
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Confident in use of IntelliJ (or Eclipse) and Visual Studio 2013
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology and Scrum
Other useful skills/experience: Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus, Bamboo, Jira, Fisheye/Crucible, Maven, Gradle, Ant, NuGet, Groovy, SVN, Mercurial, Git
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.