|Location: Ampthill||Salary: Up to £67 per hour|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 12 days ago|
6 Month Initial Contract
A Software Engineer needed for a respected and highly reputable Defence organisation based in the Bedfordshire, who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Software Engineer that takes pride in their work and experience and demonstrated competence with Java 11 and experience of relational database design and SQL.
What the role entails:
Successful candidates will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but not limited to; assisting with requirements analysis, software design, implementation, and software testing and will be required to support integration and test activities.
They will be expected apply their knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle. Successful candidates will be expected to be knowledgeable and proficient in the application of a wide range of software engineering practices and will display a proactive and innovative approach to developing complex technical solutions to difficult customer problems under general direction from their project lead.
They will be responsible for assisting with accurate estimating/planning and will be expected to manage their own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met. The position will be full-time within the existing team developing cutting edge Ground Based Air Defence and Automated Sense & Warn software solutions for the UK MoD. The position requires solid software development knowledge and an understanding of the software development lifecycle
What experience you need to be the successful Software Engineer:
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages: Java 11
- Strong understanding of threading and concurrent programming in either Java
- Strong understanding of unit testing and unit test/mocking frameworks, e.g. Junit, Mockito or GoogleTest/Parasoft
- Experience of relational database design and SQL
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures
- Typically you may have used UML modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody 8.3.1) and be familiar with requirements capture tools (e.g. DOORS Next Generation). You will also be proficient in the use of software source control tools (e.g. Mercurial/Git) and issue tracking tools (e.g. Jira).
You should have a passion for developing high quality software solutions, have the ability and willingness to support/mentor junior team members, be a self starter with the ability to work with little supervision, proven ability to learn new skills quickly all whilst maintaining a high standard of ethics and personal accountability.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Software Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.